Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Year's Eve

I know it's a little overdue, but I just realized I never posted any photos from New Year's Eve! Ben and I went to Brooklyn to hang out with some friends from Star Island. It was quite a trek for me - the drive to the train station took about two hours because of a snowstorm, and the train to Penn Station was about an hour and a half late. It was worth it though - we don't get to see Star Island friends very often since we all live so far away.

We spent most of the night inside because it was so ridiculously cold. Right before midnight we went up on the roof to watch the fireworks, but no one could handle the cold for very long. After about ten minutes (maybe less) I couldn't feel my hands!

From New Year's Eve

Annie and Jay checking the clock - almost time!

From New Year's Eve

Tom, Annie, and John (all members of my crew this summer)

From New Year's Eve

Tom on the phone

From New Year's Eve

Annie and Jay

From New Year's Eve

Jay climbing down the sketchy ladder

I didn't take many pictures New Year's Day, but we went to Tom's Restaurant, this great and very popular diner in Prospect Heights. We had to wait in line (or is it "on line?" Is on line a NY thing? Or is in line a northeast/New England thing?) outside, but waiters kept coming out with coffee and cookies and delicious cinnamon toast and other treats. The food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was so quintessentially New York diner. I would have taken pictures but I was too engrossed in my eggs benedict, plus there wasn't really enough elbow room for photography.

Keep an eye out, later today I'm going to post about my natural dyeing adventures!

No comments: