Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trying to get better at blogging...

I know it's been a long time, sorry! The holidays were busy, as I'm sure they were for everybody. I started out in my hometown of Nashua, NH, went to Brooklyn, NY for New Years, went to New Jersey for a few days and now I'm back in Dover, NH. At the moment I'm trying to find a job and also trying to get back to working on my art, both photography and textile/fiber stuff. Also trying to eat better, move more, drink more water - all the usual New Years resolution type things, though I didn't make any official resolutions this year. Mostly, I'm just trying to take better care of myself.

Anyway, I have a lot of photos from the past couple of weeks - I attended two shows recently: A performance by The Gate at Fody's, in Nashua, and a Cold Goodnight show at the Brickhouse in Dover. The Gate is a really tight cover band that plays music from a wide variety of genres and eras. The band consists of my friends and former bandmates Greg Reinauer and Ben Geyer on bass and piano/keyboard, and Whit Love on guitar/vocals, Eric Levine on drums, and Julie Albert on lead vocals. Greg is also a member of the band Melodeego and Ben has a band called The Ben Geyer Sextet, based in NYC.

From The Gate at Fody's, 12/27/08


From The Gate at Fody's, 12/27/08


From The Gate at Fody's, 12/27/08



The Cold Goodnight is Damian Boyar (one of my roommates from college) on bass, Meri Cartmill on vocals, Matt Cartmill on drums, and Sean Joncas on guitar. The Cold Goodnight lists their influences as The Pixies, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Social Distortion, At the Drive In, Save Ferris, Veruca Salt, Bad Religion; beyond that I'm not sure how to describe them, but they're good.

From The Cold Goodnight@The Brickhouse, 1/9/09


From The Cold Goodnight@The Brickhouse, 1/9/09


From The Cold Goodnight@The Brickhouse, 1/9/09


I'm undecided about color correction on these. There were so many changing colored lights that I don't think there's really a way to make these "accurate." Should I just try for neutral skin tones? Or just leave them as-is?

No comments: