Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Flowers

I've been really into my macro lens lately - I've been on the island for a week and I've become fascinated by all the lichens and mosses out there. Before going to the island, I started shooting a lot of rocks and seaweed up close (something I'm still interested in). Star Island is beautiful and really needs to be examined on many different levels, but I see myself sticking with the macro lens mostly for now. I shoot some portraits this week too, but haven't processed any photos from the island yet, so instead, here are some flowers I shot today at the Pawtuckaway Nursery in Lee, NH.

From Pawtuckaway Nursery


From Pawtuckaway Nursery

I find dominantly yellow images really hard to edit, the yellow seems to overwhelm the camera. Reds and magentas do it sometimes to. Makes it hard to figure out white balance vs. saturation.

From Pawtuckaway Nursery


From Pawtuckaway Nursery


From Pawtuckaway Nursery


From Pawtuckaway Nursery

No comments: