Wednesday, December 9, 2009

And yonder, wild and blue, the wild blue yonder looms...

Getting back into shooting - mostly shooting film, and most of that with a Holga. I'm really eager to develop that film, but I don't have my own processing set up and I want to develop the Holga stuff with Diafine, so it will have to wait until I can get some chemistry and a developing tank, etc. I guess I could get the rest of the film developed somewhere - it just seems strange to get black and white film developed by someone else when it's so simple to do myself, and I feel like I have more control. Plus if anything goes wrong I only have myself to blame.

Anyway, here are a few images from last Thursday - Think there were some 50 knot gusts that day!









The usual color vs. black and white dilemma...I think that's part of the reason I started shooting film again, so I wouldn't even have to make that decision! Though I've been shooting some color film too, but that's more because I'm interested to see what happens with the color film in the Holga, especially since most of the film is expired. Some of it is slide film too - trying to decide if I want to have it cross-processed or not. Do places still develop slide films? Without having to mail it somewhere? It might be a total failure either way, since the film is so old, and shoot in a Holga...

Also, something I hadn't thought about until a friend asked - If you shoot a roll of film, and then it expires, will the results be different than if a roll of film expires and then you shoot with it? I know that film generally tends to lose sensitivity over time, so I'd assume if the film expired after shooting, you'd still have properly exposed images. Thoughts?

No comments: